Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 21st Anniversary of my 29th Birthday Celebration...With bonus pictures!

So, Saturday, January 3rd, the best day ever, started out as a regular day, get up, get dressed, shovel the snow, go shopping, go to the movies with my handsome husband. Then let the fun begin. As we are driving home we get a call from Courtney and she wants us to go to RedBox on the way home to pick up a movie. Weird, we got 7-movies for Christmas, what else does she want to watch. So Steve calls her back and she proceeds to tell him that Cameron had a little accident while we were at the movies, he cut off the tip of his finger. Weird again, why didn't she call us at the movie. Then Courtney calls again and says the door in the garage to the house broke and we need to come in the front door. Okay, what is up, too many weird things happening. So we walk in the front door, to....you guessed it..."Surprise"! Steve and the kids threw me a "Happy 21st Anniversary of your 29th Birthday" party. It was great to see all my friends and family there. Me very surprised!
Opening presents.After getting my fake GPS, a map of Utah with my favorite places to visit circled in red, I opened my real GPS, "Chickie Doodle" I love it!!!!Blowing out birthday candles with Ross, it was his 40th Birthday, poor guy I always thought he was younger than me! Hee.....hee...
I'm going to get even with you for this! But I love it!
Kandace and Courtney having fun with the black frosting...funny guys!Okay, so the part of Cameron cutting his finger off was true. Courtney bumped him while he was cutting some bacon, and he sliced off the tip of his finger. Blood was everywhere, and Cameron almost passed out on Courtney. She was able to call in her older siblings for back up. Kandace and her friend took Cameron to the Dr. while everyone else carried on with the party preparations. When I walked in the house, everything was so together, I almost forgot about the call that Cameron had hurt his finger. He went back to the Dr. yesterday, no infection, but he wanted me to post the picture on the blog for all to see. If you get squimish....don't look. The Dr. said he will eventually grow the tip of his finger back. He has had a bad couple of weeks, so things are bound to get better for him now. Thanks to the greatest family ever for throwing me such a fun party!





3 comments:

Levi H. said...

Happy Birthday Karen. We knew you were getting up there but 29!?! We can sympathize, Torrie and I are officially in our late twenties as well. Tell Cam we are sad he lost his finger tip, at least he has 9 more.

tatum said...

you are one fabulous 29 year old for sure! happy birthday and i love that new picture at the top....cute! =)

Jill said...

Isn't it amazing how our kids keep getting older, and we are still the same? I am still amazed at how I can have a 16 year old and be 24.
Sounds like you had a fabulos birthday!! I