Sunday, May 22, 2011

Running with Angels...2011

Running with Angels is one of my very favorite races that I do each year. Of course I don't like to run a race alone, so I always have to talk one of my kids into running with me. Lucky Kandace got to run with me this year, she also ran with me in 2009 so she knew how lucky she really was to run this race!This is a traditional picture we take every year in front of the ARCH. I have a picture here with Courtney and Cameron too, so I had to get one with Kandace!
There were more people at the race this year than I have ever seen before. Everyone is finding my favorite races to run and joining the fun. This is me and Kandace at the start line, you can kind of see the start arch in my sunglasses. COOL!
Running in the gardens. It was so beautiful! Not a cloud in the sky and after rain for a solid week we appreciated every minute of sunshine among the amazing garden path.

More of the beauty in the garden, this is the BIGGEST reason I love to run this race. However, there are alot of hills and the final hill at the end nearly killed me this year. I finished the race in just 33 minutes, not too bad since I couldn't run this past week. After I finish, I always head back and run my kids in.

And this is where I caught up with Kandace to run her in. She was walking pretty fast!

I made her stop for a quick picture so we wouldn't have to come back for pictures. She was in a hurry to see how fast she could walk the course.

Kandace....booking it to the finish line. Are the gardens so amazing?


She did it! Kandace walked the course in 49 minutes! Awesome job Kandace!

After the race we walked around the gardens for a few minutes and took a few shots. Doesn't Kandace look great!


And here I am, not sure what is going on with my crazy hair, but the flowers look good!

And a final shot of both of us before we leave. It was a great start of our day. After the race we came home and helped Steve for a little while, then worked outside in the yard for a couple of hours. When we came in, Kandace said "Mom and Dad are Killing Me" They wake me up early for a race, and work me all day long....AGHHHH! That's the breaks when you are the only kid left at home I guess! Let's see what torture I can find for her next weekend! :) Love you Kandace!

1 comment:

Don and Kelley said...

This is awesome. I wish we lived closer, I would run with you all the time. Thanks for the supportive comment on our blog. It helps!!!! We are excited for him.