Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day, MTC, and Birthday make for a busy week!

I must say that this Mother's Day will be one of my favorites. It all started at 8 AM when we got a SKYPE call from Courtney in Russia. She looks fantastic and had such a glow. We were only able to talk to her for 30- minutes because she was at a members home and there were three sister missionaries that needed to make SKYPE calls to their families too. It was the best way to start my Mother's day. Cameron had arranged with us to call at 9 PM because he had meetings he needed to be to. He surprised us and called at 6 PM, just as we were sitting down to eat. This time he was prepared with his own food, and ate a doughnut while he talked to us. I LOVE this picture with him, I just wish we would have thought to get the camera out for Courtney's call. We has such a wonderful time talking to him. This is his last call home before he heads home in October.

Elder Leavitt sending the Love to his BIG BRO and Sista!

Another thing that I really LOVE about Mother's Day is my kids make me all the foods that I love for dinner. This is Kandace and Grandpa sneaking the shrimp cocktail before dinner...busted!

Kandace and Steve making a feast of salads, yes I LOVE salads, so I love that they make sure we have plenty of choices.

Casey showing off the yummy marinated salmon that he made me. It was the BEST salmon, and I enjoyed every bite! I must say I have trained my kids right, because every since I can remember they have made me a fabulous Mother's Day meal, and every year it gets better. I really do have the BEST kids, sorry to tell all you other Mothers out there :(

Wednesday we took Sister Orton to the MTC. Doesn't she look beautiful! She was soo nervous, but stayed clam. We left early so we could stop and have lunch, then we went up to the temple and took a few pictures before we entered the grounds of the MTC.

One final shot with Mom and Dad at the MTC. It flooded back memories of when I dropped off Cameron and Courtney, so I could feel their pain. Audrea will be an amazing missionary and I am soo proud of her and her choices. Her Mom and Dad have done an amazing job rasing her!

Finally, Yesterday was Casey's 26th Birthday so today we got together to celebrate this great occassion. He asked for new wheels for his skates, which are almost as much as a car tire. He was pretty excited for his new wheels! Can you tell!
Blowing out the candles, before the house burns down!Steve singing In his best Opera voice "Happy Birthday to YOU!"And the traditional ICE CREAM cake. He requested chocolate cake and cookie dough Ice Cream. I think we are done with birthdays for a few weeks, when in June we will celebrate Kandace's. Such a busy week, and I didn't even post our couples motorcycle ride. Maybe I can do that this week some time. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Ahhhh - What a fun mothers day indeed! So glad you were ablet o talk AND see your missionary kids. How cool is that?!?! I miss you! I went in for my one on one with Michelle Olson the other day and even came early so I could chat with you....and you weren't there! :( Boooo!~