Sunday, May 8, 2011

PRE Mother's Day fun!

Saturday, May 7th was a day full of family fun! It all started with our annual support of RACE for the CURE. I have been doing this for the last four years, and this year I talked Kandace into going with me. So here we are as the race begins. Check out all the people behind us. They were expecting to have 22,000 people at the race. It was a perfect day to be out supporting this great cause. I have supported my friend Jenn Jewkes the last four years, who lost her battle against Breast cancer a couple of years ago. Here are her sons Joe and Sam who come out every year with their family and friends to also support the on going battle against breast cancer. I couldn't believe we found them in the crazy crowd. Jenn is the reason I started attending this event. she was such an amazing person, and she would be soo proud of her sons for still continuing their support!
Kandace and I had a fun time reading all the team names on the shirts, here are a few of our favorites.
"We support our Boobs, STOP the war on MY RAQ"
Watch out for this guy gals...there really is a "Boobie Bandit". One of our favorites shirts we didn't get a picture of it was a black tank top and on the front there were two HOT PINK hand prints on the boobs and on the back it said "Save second base"! Really, you should all join us next year for the festivities just to read the great team shirts you see.

Just a view of all the people there, the crowd really goes all the way to the mountain. So crazy!

The finish line is at the Gateway. This is just a sign we saw in the crowd as we were walking around looking for Vicki. So true!

Even the men get into supporting the ladies! Mystery men in the crowd.

And here we are at the end of the 5K. We had such a great time talking the whole route and enjoying the great spirit of the whole event.

Oh, and I just had to take a picture of this team shirt while we were waiting for Vicki to walk in the survivor parade. This said "Team Cameron" Grandmother, Mother, Sisters, daughters and Grand daughters. This was for you Cam.

I kept calling Vicki to try and meet up with her, I was walking to meet her and she called and said "I'm in the parade" so a few second later she walked right by me. Doesn't she just look so HAPPY! What a cute sister I have!

This is the survivor parade, just to give you some idea of the amount of people that were there to support these ladies.

Okay, here is me and Kandace again...do you notice anyone in the back? Thanks Tony for making our picture so funny!

Another guy supporting the ladies. He had pink and black stripe tights on too! It was just so much fun to be there. So after the parade I had plans to meet my other sister Linda from Orlando and her family that are here staying with us. She is taking her daughter Audrea to the MTC on wednesday. We met at the Salt Lake Temple to do a session.

Sisters! We don't see each other enough, so when we do, we love spending time together. The Orton's. I really LOVED hanging out with them for the afternoon. I made them take a few pictures. There were so many brides that we didn't even try to get a picture in front of the temple.


And the flowers on temple square could not have been more beautiful! It was the BEST "Pre Mother's Day" I have ever had! Thanks to my great sister's and daughter, who when I got home from the temple took my shopping for a "Hot new outfit", but that is my next blog entry for Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Marci said...

What a great post! Thanks for sharing. Robb went to watch this year (it is hard for him . . . he cried the whole time). And Tanner and his friends walked in it. I want to go next year FOR SURE! I can't believe I've never been.