Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Day...Blazing Our Own Trail!

So traditionally on Pioneer day we go to a parade and have a family BBQ...well tradions can change. Steve wanted to BLAZE his own Pioneer Trail. Yesterday we finally had a day off at the same time. Steve surprised me and planned a WHOLE DAY away. He told me to wear pants and good shoes. Duh, I knew we were taking a road trip on his bike. We started the day by runnnig a few errands in town, then we came home and packed a few things on the bike, most important, my camera! We left around noon and he told me we were going to Mirror Lake in the Uintas. It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a bike trip. This is our first stop. We pulled off to look at the JORDANELLE. Such a beautiful view of the boats and the ski slopes. Here Steve is checking out how much this lot is selling for. Just 1.5 Million for the lot....Glup! Good thing we were just looking!
The next stop was at Bald Mountain. The top of the mountain is BALD, no trees. We are standing on the BALD part taking a picture of the amazing mountains behind us.
Just a closer shot of the view from BALD Mountain. We could see several lakes, and the tempeture dropped to te 60's. Cool, but felt wonderful after coming from the valley were it was high 90's.

Another picture of us with the bike on Bald mountain. A nice lady asked if we wanted a picture together, heck YES, Thanks nice lady!
We made it! This is us at Mirror Lake. Our great FRIENDS the Barth's were there having a family picnic. Mike snapped this shot for us. Mike is Steve's good friend that rode his bike up too. It was great to see them for a minute. The weather was quite cool, and I almost put on my jacket, but I toughed it out knowing we were headed back to the HEAT!
Connie snapped this picture of us as we were loading up to head back down. I know, you are all jealous of our great DO-RAGS! Hey, it least my head didn't get burned.
On the ride back we stopped serveral times for me to snap some pictures. This is Lilly Lake. What a beautiful world we live in!
I kept my camera in my hand and got some pictures of what we saw on the ride. I thougt you might all feel like you were sitting in the back seat checking out the view. It was soo fun!
This is PROVO FALLS. We took our family pictures here a few years ago. We love this spot. Because it was a Holiday weekend, there were soo many people here. We laughed when we kept seeing people arrive in their swim suits. The water is ICE cold, where did they think they were swiming? Sorry, personally I only swim in WARM water with sandy beaches.
Steve and me at Provo Falls. We ran into our neighbors, Dan and Paula and their boys as we were just leaving. Soo funny we ran into friends soo far away from home. On the way home we stopped and had lunch in Kamas at a cute grill, then Steve called Casey and had him get us tickets to a movie. We went and saw INCEPTION, I may have slept a little, but Steve really liked the movie. It was interesting, not what I expected. Then on the way home we went to COLD STONE. I got my Sorbet, and it was the perfect ending of a perfect day. I told Steve, I couldn't remember the last time we had such a FUN date together. I really did get the Best Guy ever. Thanks for BLAZING your own trail and letting me come along. Now I can't wait to have another weekend off together and sneak away for another BIKE TRIP!

2 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

so fun! I'm sure now Levi will be on my case begging me to let him get another bike..... I wouldn't mind if we had a babysitter. hope you have another day off together soon, and thanks for all the pics of the mountains, I miss those!

love ya leavitts!

Connie said...

Ya, your cool friends The Barths take some awesome pics don't they