Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Great Green Jello Festival...Only in Utah!

Only in Utah would you have a "Great Green Jello Festival" ! This is our Stakes fourth year of celebrating this great event. It started as a joke, and has grown to one of the FAVORITE activites our stake has. I got to thinking, there are alot of GREEN things out there we all love. Like SHREK, the HULK and KERMIT THE FROG. Let's face it, we are all trying to go GREEN. I am sure this is a trend that will be catching on in other states and Stakes! So when I got there, I saw this great sign, then I looked down at the table.....

Talk about funny, someone had taken the time to make our Stake Presidency out of Jello. Kinda freaky, but soo funny we had to have a picture. We wondered how they did this, who has a jello "Face" mold? We are going to have to get one of those!
This is our friends the Thaynes having fun at the festival. we wanted to get a cool balloon hat, but the line was way too long. In fact, the lines were long every where. There was rock climbing, face painting, dunk tank, fish pond, balloon jump houses, even a tour of the fire truck. The only booth that didn't have a line was the Missionaries......they should have been offering Moroni hena tatoos, that would have attracted a crowd I'm sure!
This is the line for balloon hats, next to the missionaries, poor guys, not to much happening at their booth.
This is one of my cute primary kids, TJ. He was soo happy to see me, I told him to stop and smile so I could take his picture. Ahh, to be able to have that much sugar and be soo HAPPY! It was fun to see my primary kids having so much fun!
The only line we stood in was the COTTON CANDY line. It was like a 45 minute wait just to get our cotton candy, but Kandace and Derick were glad they waited.
Leaving the Festival with our goods. I grabbed a cotton candy for Courtney, she was too busy to come join the fun, but I knew she would want some goodies! It was a fun way to spend a Saturday night. Before we went to the GREAT GREEN JELLO FESTIVAL.......

Courtney and I went temple hopping. This weeks temple was the beautiful Salt Lake Temple. It is such a beautiful temple inside and out. As we sat inside an admired the beautiful paintings and all the art work, it reminds us of all the sacrafices the saints made to have this amazing building for us to enjoy. It was wonderful to spend a few hours enjoying this temple.
Yesterday was also my "10 Year" JetBlue Anniversary. I celebrated by going to lunch with my CLASS 11 JetBlue friends. We try and go to lunch every year on our anniversary. It was a busy day yesterday, but soo fun!

1 comment:

Wylee, Linda & family said...

So? Where is the GREEN JELLO? I saw lots of other stuff but NO GREEN JELLO!
Too weird! Only in Utah. (Florida is already a "green" state. We LOVE our green-scene during the winter months too!)
LOL
Linda