Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures in the Philippines...

Cameron sent some more pictures today. He is making the best of every minute he is there. He said he is already dying of heat and the humidity. That is hard to even believe since we just had a snow storm on Saturday. So this first picture, since he didn't tell me what it is, looks like he is standing in layered field. That cow in the background must be trained to do stairs! Anyway, Cameron look like he is having fun. This picture he wondered if he was in the right country when he saw it. Much different than the San Francisco that we visited last year. Don't you just love his little parasol to keep the sun off his delicate skin. I hope he brings me one of these home.
Here Elder Leavitt is out tracking with his companion. No sidewalks or paved roads. And where did his parasol go?

Okay, these next few pictures are not for the squamish. This is a Cameron eating chicken intestines. Makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it. But then he ate...
A chicken foot. OOOO...what have they done to my son? I hope he isn't expecting to come home and make us try this. No Thanks!!
Okay, this next picture he didn't tell me what this was about. This just looks like he was having way too much fun getting his face dirty.
Yesterday was Elder Leavitt's 5-month day. Another month and he will be on his "Bump", and offically be out 6-months. He said that he knows he has a long time left, but if the time goes as quickly as the first few months, then his mission will go by too fast. He is growing accustom to his surroundings and loves the people he is serving. He thanks everyone that has written for all thier support, and keep those letters coming!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Kam is gross! I can't believe it's already been almost 6 mo. I swear it was just last month I found out he was even going to the Philipines. Crazy!

Chiara said...

What fun adventures he is having. I love seeing his pictures! (excpet the chicken foot one...that could NOT have tasted good at all!)