Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home Again..Home Again...Jiggity Jig!

Sometimes counting the days makes every minute go so SLOW! I remember when Cameron left for his mission, I cried for a week. Then I decided to not count the days until he returned, and just look forward to the fast Sundays, and before I knew it there were only two fast Sundays until it was time for Elder Leavitt to come home. So, I am a crazy kind of person, and miss my kids alot. So about a month ago I started planning on making signs for us to take to the Airport, and Steve's Aunt Linda, offered to do her "Card in a Yard" Doesn't our yard look amazing!
Here I am with a couple of signs that I made to take to the airport(Thanks Lexi for helping me). I was just practicing my "Excited Face".

Unfortunatley, I can't say everyone was excited as I was about the great signs I made. Steve was helping me hold the "FINISH LINE" sign, but his knee was hurting, so I had to recruit Casey to come and help me hold the sign. I was surprised how many people stopped to either take a picture of the sign, tell us they were from the Philippines, or that they served in the Philippines, or just tell us how excited they were for us and our missionary. Yeah...the "FINISH LINE" was a BIG hit with our spectators.

Tineke holding a few signs. She was on "Video" crew, so she stood right up front to watch for Cameron to come down the stairs.

Okay, so the story behind the "I See YOU First". There were about four other missionary families there to meet their missionary from the Philippines. Their missionaries came, they had their reunion, and they were leaving, and still no Elder Leavitt or Elder Long, who was Cameron's traveling companion. Finally about 30-minutes after his flight had landed, here comes Elder Leavitt and Elder Long. "SCREAM" "DANCE".....hurry up Elder Leavitt! This is the first picture as he see's us and we see him.

When he called from San Francisco, we told him to look for the yellow sign. And he ran SLOOOOOOOOOW motion to the "Finish Line" He is really going to have to step it up if he is going to beat me in a race any time soon!

Ohhh. The wait was worth every minute of the HUG! I was soo proud of myself, I didn't even cry. Heck, I cried too much when he left, and I must say that I really don't like to cry. Smiling is so much funner!

So after my hug, I had to hug him again for Courtney, she told me to HUG him for 10-minutes then tell him there is plenty more coming when she gets home. Heck, it was a tough job doing all that hugging, but someone had to do it!

Kandace waited patiently for her HUG! I think she kinda likes her Baby Brother!

Brotherly LOVE....somethings never change!

Dad letting Cameron know that his suit is a little BIG! Cameron told us that he took off his suit jacket and left it in the mission office the day he arrived in the Philippines. Two years and 70-pounds lighter, ah...it is too BIG. We went to a tailor today who told us that it couldn't be altared, since the shoulders were way to big, so we went and had him fitted for a new suit today. Dad just inherited a new suit, since it did fit him.

SKINNY Boy!

Cameron LOVED the yard sign, and I had to take his picture in front of it. He had to go have a close up look before he even came into the house.

Little did he know that his friends were inside the house waiting for him! What great friends he has. Thanks Nic and Diego for taking time to stop in! Of course many of his friends are on their missions, and we will see them soon.

Cameron made sure to go downstairs to give Grandma and Grandpa a Welcome Home Hug.

What a couple of Goof Balls....but I just love these two goofs!

So, Kandace got a puppy in June and Courtney and Cameron named her. Her offical name is Ollyonka JAM JAM. Cameron gave her the JAM JAM. So this was their first offical meeting and I think Olly approves of Cameron. She has been following him around all day, her new BEST FRIEND!

We were all just sitting and visiting then Cameron disappeared and came back in his "U" T-Shirt. Nic is a HUGE BYU fan, so we had to snap this picture.

We are all soo HAPPY to have our Elder Leavitt home. He made us dinner tonight, and we are so glad to have our CHEF back in the house. Welcome Home Elder Leavitt!

3 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome!!!! It must be great to have him home! I loved all the pictures!

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chiara said...

Ok....that made me get all teary eyed! How fun to have him home again! He's so stinkin cute!