Friday, October 7, 2011

Bunco Babes...Girl Trip!

Okay, my daughter thinks I am crazy, I say I just like to have FUN! Last weekend I was able to take a "Girl Trip" with some of my favorite "BUNCO" ladies. We were going to Mesquite,NV to play in the Bunco Tournament for Breast Cancer. They have been going for the past few years, but I always have a missionary just about to leave, so had to miss out on the FUN. This year it fell just a couple of weeks before my missionary comes home, so I was so excited to get away with the girls. This is at our first "PIT Stop. Julie told us that there was some great shopping in Beaver. Of course we had to stop! We didn't find any great deals at the Beaver Valley Chevron, but we did get a great picture in the HUGE rocking chair!
Friday night we had tickets to see "Little Mermaid" at the Tuacahn. Don't you think I make a great Sebastian?

You can't go wrong with the Tuacahn, what amazing scenery all around you! The weather was perfect, in the 8o's, not a cloud in the sky. I had several friends in St. George that were running the St. George Marathon on Saturday morning. I was thinking of them, and hoping it wouldn't be too hot for them.

We had GREAT seats for the play, right in the middle of the stage and the seating. The play was absolutley amazing! I have seen many, many broadway plays, and I must say that this was one of the BEST! The water effects could not be done on a broadway stage, what a treat it was!

This is the stage after the play was over, no photograhy during the play. You can see the stage is wet, and I loved how the actors were on "Heelys" to look like they were swiming under water. At the end, there were even fireworks, now how could you pull that off in a theater inside? What can I say, other than it was AWESOME!

Saturday I got up at 6 AM, went for a 5 mile run, then we hung out at the pool most of the day. When we came in to shower and get ready for the night, Judy and I laided out our outfits, don't we look like Jack and Jill?

Here we all are, ready to ROLL! What site we were. There was a baseball tournament going on in town, and a lot of older men were there at our hotel. They wanted to come and watch our tournament, and they even made our first donation to Breast Cancer!

This is Angela's 91 year old Grandma that came to play in the tournament, and we got her to "Bedazzle" a bra and join in the FUN!

Our whole group. Yes, we were the main attraction in the parking lot that night!

There were 370 ladies at the Bunco Tournament, our group had 24 people. This is my group, "Table Eight". I didn't win anything, which is okay with me. But I had such a great time with my friends, it was priceless.

I have to say, we were a hit with everyone there. We were being stopped by strangers that wanted their picture taken with us. It was just so fun to see all of us being crazy together.

Cute Judy and me. Judy really was a "HOOT", she said now she knows how the Naked Cowboy in NYC feels having everyone stop to take a picture with him. Love Judy!

So.."We are Family....I got all my JetBlue Sista's with me". We didn't go to a beach, or to Europe, but this was one of the Funnest trips I have ever had! I am looking forward to next year's trip. We just don't know what we will do to top our outfits this year...hummm... I am sure we will come up with something great!

1 comment:

Chiara said...

OH. MY. GOSH!! You guys bedazzled BRA's?!? hahahaha!! Awesome! I seriously laughed out loud! What cool mom's!!