Sunday, May 9, 2010

Race for the Cure

Yesterday was "Race for the Cure" This was my second year doing this race. This year I signed up and ran for my friend Jenn Jewkes that passed away las year. I was on "Jenns Angels" team, and met her family and friends bright and early for a group shot. I also was there to support my sister Vicki, who was diagnosed last spring with breast cancer.
This is me and my sister Vicki after the race at the Surivors Pink Cafe. They had a "Survivors Parade" after the race. They line the breast cancer survivors up by number of years survivied and have a parade. The news reported that there were over 25,000 in attendance to the race, and there were near 1,000 in the survivor parade. Here is Vicki and her supportors. Her family.

Autumn kept the kids entertained while we waited for the parade to start.
Can you see Vicki on the steps at the Gateway with all the survivors? They take a group picture and then release white doves for the survivors. Such an amazing sight.
Here is the whole group on the stairs waiting to start.
These are the boyz I saw last year at the race. They loved everyone wanting to take their picture. What great support for all these ladies. We had a great day, both with all the people there to support "Race for the Cure" and the weather was actually the best it has been for a while. I will definitely be there again next year...who wants to join me???

1 comment:

cathy haupt said...

thanks for posting the pictures and supporting Vicki-maybe next year we can be there!
Love, Mom