Sunday, November 22, 2009

Valley Of Fire...Girls just having fun!

This weekend was one wild and crazy weekend. Austin and I ran the Valley of Fire 10k last year for the first time and decided to run it again. This year I knew going into it what I was up against.....hills....hills .... and more HILLS! What was I thinking???
Here we are at the start of the race,,, all smiles. Bring it on!
Going up one of the many hills. I lost count of how many hills we went up and down. I just know that they changed the route and added a few more hills. Perfect, I was running on a bad knee, and hills love bad knees!
I walked up a couple of the hills so I snapped a few pictures while I was walking. I don't run this race for the time, but for the scenery. I am never disappointed!
We did it! Me and Austin after the race. Austin took first in her age division, I took first in my age division and Austin's friend took first place overall in the womens. We crazy people stick together!
My very own cheering section. Both of my girls came with me to the race. That meant getting up at 5 AM and driving for 2-hours, then hanging out for around 3-hours. They are the best cheerleaders ever! Love you girls!
Sisters! Good thing they like each other soo much. And this is the reason they really hung out with me...........
After the race we drove back to St. George and went to "New Moon". Ahh....Team Jacob is alive and well. We loved the movie and are planning to see it again this week when Courtney comes up for Thanksgiving. Give us a jingle if you want to tag-along.
The end of our perfect "Girls Day" was dinner at "In and Out" in St. George. Kandace hadn't been there, and the one in Draper opened last week and the line is still crazy, so we stopped in for a burger. Kandace has her own theory why it is called "In and Out", you'll have to ask her. This was the best weekend we have had for awhile. It was much needed. We are now looking forward to Thanksgiving and family visiting. Hope you all have had a great weekend too!

No comments: