Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened When I Went to Vote...

Okay, so today I actually remembered to go vote. I meant to do it on my way home from work but forgot. So Kandace and I had to run an errand and I told her I needed to stop and vote on the way home. I ran in to cast my all important vote which took all of 5 seconds. As I was leaving a lady said "Hey, I just saw you in the Utah Food Bank Newsletter". I gave her a strange look and said what are you talking about. she said, "Look, I just finished looking at it". She gave me her Utah Food Bank Newsletter, I opened it up and there we were, The Utah Food Bank Poster Family for the Thanksgiving Human Race. How funny is that? I have ran this race for the last 4-years. We give a donation, and half goes to the Utah Food Bank and half goes to the LDS Humanitarian fund. We love this Thanksgiving tradition. Last year there were 2,000 walker/runners so I had all of us wear our elf hats so we could find each other. How funny that someone took a random shot while we were taking our own picture. So the lesson of the week is...Sign-Up and run the "Human 5K Race" with us Thanksgiving morning at 8 am. We would love to have you in our picture this year!!! We'll be watching for you!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Wow! What a crazy surprise!