Sunday, August 30, 2009

We Love to see the Temples

Cameron took out his endowments about a month ago, and we have been able to visit five temples so far. Friday we flew to Califorina for the day and went to the San Deigo Temple, one of my very favorites! (Jake, we yelled "Hi" as be passed by Carlsbad!) Grandma Haupt sent us some family names to do and we spent the day working on the names. Cameron's one arm shot, not too bad. He got us and the temple pretty good.
Cameron got to see first hand why the San Deigo temple is one of my favorites because of the beauty inside and out. After going to Germany, it reminded me of some of the beautiful castles we visited. Can I just say "WOW". It was such a fun amazing day.
Another of Cameron's one arm shots, he did great at getting the whole temple behind us.
We had only a couple of hours before our flight when we got done at the temple, I really wanted to go to the beach for a few hours. Unfortunaley, we got stuck in traffic and decided to get off the freeway and head to the beach. On our way, we passed a "Cold Stone" and grabbed an ice cream to take to the beach. What could be better, ice cream and a beach. Because we didn't have much time we were only able to stick our feet in the ocean then we had to head for the airport.
This California girl was glad to feel the sand between her toes and smell the salt air. A perfect way to end our day in California. We are so blessed and I love my job! Thanks for the fun day Cam.

3 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

Oh my gosh, do you remember when we took some of the YW to the San Diego temple? We had so much fun! I love that temple too!

Marci said...

What a great post! That is amazing that just the two of you got to take such a fun trip. Love the photos! And Cameron is our new home teacher - at least for the next 6 weeks until he leaves! Awesome!!

Ashley said...

We are taking Quinn to legoland in a couple of weeks and now I cant wait to go to the beach!! And because of you I'm going to have to get coldstone too :) Love the pictures!