Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ahh...Finally SPRING!

I love warm weather. There is something about the green grass, blue sky and colorful flowers that makes me just want to be outside all day long on my days off. Here are a few pictures of what our yard looks like in spring. The first picture was taken through a tree up the driveway looking over the front yard.And this is where I park myself everyday after work to listen to the water of the fountain and look over the beautiful yard, and valley that I can see from my front porch. I got my first rocking chair a few years ago for mother's day. We now have four rockers, and we fill them just about every Sunday when we sit out in the warm sun and just relax. This is a view of the front yard. All my tulip and daffodil bulbs that I planted last fall are in full bloom. Makes it worth going through the yucky winter to have such a beautiful spring day. A closer look of the Daffodils and tulips.

Here is a view in the back yard. It took Steve a couple of years to construct the waterfall. We enjoy BBQing and playing croquet in the backyard in the summer. Last week I went on a walk with some of my friends from work and saw this gorgeous tree with dark bark and deep maroon flowers and wished I knew what it was so we could plant one in our yard, This week I looked out back and saw that we do have one of those trees. It is small now and I didn't recognize it. It will be soo beautiful in a few years when it is bigger. We actually have two of these out back.
I love the sound of running water, and Steve has gone over the top to make sure we have plenty of running water to listen to. I guess this is the "California Girl" in me. I can't get enough of the sun and water. Hope you all are out enjoying the beautiful weather before it gets too hot.

1 comment:

cathy haupt said...

Thanks for posting the pictures-they are beautiful; makes me wish I could be there sitting with you, but I am sure you are enjoying the solitude! You have a beautiful yard, and all you hard work shows!
Mom