Sunday, September 5, 2010

Huntsville Most Holy 5K...and Mr. T

Five years ago my cousin Sandy challenged me to join her at the Huntsville Most Holy 5k. So Cameron and I trained for a few months, and we ran our first 5K in September 2006. Now, five years later, it is one of my very favorite races to do. Last year Cameron went with me, this year, Courtney had the "Duty". So bright and early (6 AM) Saturday morning we set out for Huntsville. We got there early enough to stretch good and be ready for the race. Here we are at our "Traditional" picture spot, Me Courtney and our cute friend Bridget, ready to start the race. Since my knee surgery, I start out slower, but get into my "Groove" after a few minutes. It was cool out, but after about 5-minutes, I was sweating up a storm. I finished before Courtney and Bridget, but I alway go back run them in. They were walking, so I made them RUN to the finish line. They did great!
Here we are at the finish line, just waiting for the results of the WINNERS!
HOLY COW! We are both WINNER....WINNER..Chicken Dinner! I took second place in my age division and Courtney took third place in her age division. (Yes, there were only three entered in her division...but she Medaled!) It was one of our most GLORIOUS moments ever! I love the Huntsville Most Holy 5K! By the way, it is called this because of the Monk Monastery that is there. They have the best Raspberry "Holy Honey".
So...everyone is a WINNER! The lady who took first place in my age division took off her medal and put it on her dog. Ahhhh...so cute!
After the race we took a minute and drove around the BIG city. Since it was Labor Day Weekend, there were alot of people out on the Pineview resevior on their boats and Jetskies. It was a beautiful day to be out. I was wishing Steve was there on his motorcycle, we saw alot of those too! And here we are after the race, at the reservior. Another fun weekend! But I got to thinking...who will be going with me next year? Kandace.....Casey.....you better start training, you know Dad would never join me!
And now......Meet Mr TURTLE..OR MR. T for short.
Last week Kandace came home with her new pet. She has really wanted a DOG for ever, but Dad says "No". This is her compromise.....
Meet...MR. T. He is still getting use to us, and doesn't have much of a personality. But Kandace is soo Happy!
Mr. T taking a Sunday stroll for the poporatzie.
He is not a fan of the grass...but you should see him RUN...in the carpet! He is entertaining us, and he isn't as demanding as a dog.
Kandace is happy.....and that's all that matters! Welcome to the FAM Mr. T!

No comments: