Sunday, June 20, 2010

This week in the Life of the Leavitt's.....

To start off with, our Kandace is growing up. She turned 23 this week, if you couldn't tell by the cake. (21 + 2= 23) We didn't have a three. She was a good sport for her birthday. Her birthday was the same day that we moved Grandma and Grandpa Haupt in with us, and the whole house was a little bit chaotic. We did manage to get her favorite ice cream cake made...Chocolate cake with raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream. Yummy! Kandace contemplating what to wish for....I am sure all her wishes came true. Although we were too busy on her birthday to do to much with her. I did make us an appointment for a pedicure on Friday, and we had a fabulous time! Here are the top ten things we love about Kandace.
1. She is FRIENDS to everyone.
2. She knows how to have FUN!
3. She gives AWESOME HUGS!
4. Her LAUGH, makes you LAUGH!
5. She likes to EAT...and will eat almost anything.
6. She shares her ICE CREAM with others :)
7. She wants everyone to be HAPPY!
8. She loves LIFE!
9. Her great SMILE and beautiful EYES!
10. She loves her FAMILY and would do anything for them!
We hope she had a Great Birthday!
After getting Grandma and Grandpa settled in we tried to get on to our normal lives. But, what is normal? This weekend it was running my first 5K since knee surgery. Courtney agreed to run the "Running with Angels" race with me this year, and so we ran on Saturday.
Here are a few shots of the beautiful course we get to run. We get to run in the gorgeous gardens at Thanksgiving Point. The downside part is, there are lots of hills going up and down, so I had to stop to walk down some of the hills so I didn't hurt my knee. All in all...it was so good to be out RUNNING again!
I always run back to get Courtney and run her into the finish line. She actually wasn't off far behind me this year. This is us where I found her. We walked up the wicked hill they put at the finish line, then Courtney RAN to the finish line. She did soo good considering she was sleep deprived from Girls Camp, and didn't feel too good. What a trooper!
Ahh...we did it! We were both soo proud that we had pretty good times. Kudos to us!
This is us after the race. We took time to walk around the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. After the race, we didn't stop. We came home, showered, did laundry, ate and then headed out to complete our checklist. Courtney will be going through the Draper Temple next Saturday, so we had to get everything she will need to go through the temple. The best part was that we had pre-bought tickets to see "Toy Story 3". So, at the end of our crazy day, we got to go sit and enjoy the movie. We were both surprised that the end of the movie made us both cry. What was with that...so, Andy has grown up and moved on from playing with his toys. Maybe we were just so exhusted, our emotions got the best of us. I am sure that is what it was. So, there it is, another week has flown by. We are excited to take Courtney to the temple next week. Hope you all have a fabulous week. :)

2 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

I have to laugh, we do that with candles all the time. I always think I have the right numbers, then the day comes and I am missing one! I love the running part. It is nice to know that I am not the only nut out there, still racing!

Marci said...

Way to get back to running! I feel so bad I missed the 5K. And I actually miss running a bit! Happy birthday, Kandace! You really do have beautiful eyes and a beautiful smile. And just so you know, I BAWLED in Toy Story 3. My family thought I was crazy.