Monday, October 12, 2009

One Crazy Weekend...Cameron's Farewell

Cameron's Farewell was yesterday. It was a perfect day. The kids all sang and Cameron did an excellent job on his talk. We know he will be an AWESOME missionary. We had more than enough food to feed everyone after the meeting. We wished we could just have the day never end. Thanks to all the family and friends that took time to come to his farewell. He really appreciated it. Missionary Cameron ready to preach. A rare moment, Steve and both his boys in suits. He wanted a picture to prove that mircles do happen! Saturday night we celebrated Christmas, just a few months early. We had a great Prime Rib dinner and then played the "White Elephant" Game. Kennedy really loved her gift she opened, a teacup with flowers. Perfect for her play kitchen. Courtney snagged the "Snuggie". Her and Grandpa Leavitt really went the rounds for this coveted gift, but Courtney won it. She was so excited. We all had fun stealing everything that Grandpa opened. It was a fun night.





The kids even made the gingerbread house for me. I am soo excited to have this all ready for our Christmas decorations.

Saturday afternoon we met at Gardner Village and Jessie, a friend of Kandace's took a few family pictures for us. We can't wait to see her copies, this one is just on my camera. She took some great shots. We'll be saving for our Christmas card. We know that that the next two years will be such a blessing in our lives, and Cameron will have the adventure of his life. We are so glad it was such a fun weekend. One we will always treasure. Thanks everyone! Here's to Elder Leavitt!

2 comments:

Marci said...

Ok. Can't see through the tears! I am sure this is such a hard time . . . but great too. Cameron is such a handsome missionary. And he will do awesome! I know you will all be blessed by his service. I LOVE the family picture. Karen, you look like you are 30!

Chiara said...

I am SOOO digging your outfits for your family picture. LOVE IT!!
Why is it that I dreed thinking about my boys going on missions? I mean....I want them to go, but I don't. They grow up too fast!! :(