Sunday, September 7, 2008

5K and Community Service Project








Monday my cousin Sandy and I ran our 8th, 5K so far this year. We ran the "Onion Days" 5K in Payson, Ut. It was a rainy overcast day, but stopped raining long enough for our race. I even improved my time by 60 seconds over last months race, probably becasue it was cooler. I came in 3rd place for my age division (29ish), wow, if I can do it, anyone can do it! Saturday, Casey, Kandace, Thomas and I volunteered for a community service project. ( Okay, I signed them up and told them they were going) This was a JetBlue service project. We helped in the construction of a playgound area for a school in a rough neighborhood. There were over 300 volunteers with our partners from AMEX. Thomas and I painted the outside wall on the playgroud, Casey and Kandace painted the Lunch room with neat quotes. We had a great time, but had to leave before everything was finished. We will have to go back and see it now that everything is done. Steve and I will head to Hawaii in a week, so the next pictures will be fun. Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

Levi H. said...

Congrats on your race Karen! If we had known you were down south we would have come to cheer you on. Have a great time in Hawaii, and call if you need the inside scoop on activities on O'ahu.

Ashley said...

Look at you, you are so athletic, I'm jelous! Take lots of pictures while you are in Hawaii and have fun!!

tatum said...

karen, cute blog, i love your family picture! great job on coming in 3rd....i want to try some races next year. =)

Marci said...

I am so impressed with your 5K goal for this year. Seriously! And the commmunity service project looks great! I'll bet it was rewarding for you all.